Research Geomorphologist, Nelson BC
Salary: $59,510.74 – $74,328.68 annually
As the Research Geomorphologist, you are the scientific advisor in the field of natural resource management, who conducts applied research to support science-based decision-making and provides expert professional advice relating to geomorphology. This position identifies needs, conducts research, and prepares extension materials related to landslide investigations, terrain stability mapping, stream channel processes and other geomorphological processes from natural events or human activities.
Nelson offers the best unhurried city life and a world-class recreational playground in a pristine setting. With heritage buildings, a fully restored and operating streetcar, stunning geography and a thriving arts and small business community, Nelson has a combination of charm, sophistication and more.
Enjoy all the BC Public Service has to offer – a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more. Your earnings include benefits for health and wellness, life insurance, retirement and more; reflecting the true value of our employees. Other Incentives include: 35 hour work week, annual premium of 7% in lieu of Overtime, Shift work and Standby (take as time or money) allowance.
To be considered for this position, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have the following education and experience:
• Thesis-based M.Sc. or higher degree specializing in Geomorphology or equivalent education and experience.
• Registered, or eligible for registration, with the Association off Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC.
• Experience planning and directing your own and other’s scientific work to achieve research objectives.
• Experience producing technical reports and publications.
• Demonstrated experience planning and implementing research projects.
• Must have a valid BC driver’s licence with no restrictions.
For more information on this exciting career opportunity including how to apply by May 12th 2015, please visit:
Copyright © 2015 Canadian Society of Agronomy, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email as a current member of the Canadian Society of Soil Science.
Our mailing address is:
Canadian Society of Agronomy
24 Aberdeen Avenue
Pinawa, MB R0E 1L0