ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR (Temp)
FOREST AND NATURAL AREAS MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
SCHOOL OF CONSTRUCTION AND THE ENVIRONMENT
The Forest and Natural Areas Management (FNAM) program is a broad-based, current and practical two-year diploma program that is part of the Renewable Resources Department at BCIT that also includes the Fish, Wildlife and Recreation diploma program and the Ecological Restoration degree program.
The FNAM program trains graduates for employment in a range of fields including industrial forestry, urban forestry, silviculture, arboriculture and natural resources management. Graduates are eligible for registration as Registered Forest Technologists (RFT) in British Columbia and have a number of available pathways to other levels of certification and education.
The program is seeking a temporary part-time Assistant Instructor to assist in the delivery of a range of courses within the FNAM diploma program and others as the need requires.
The candidate we are seeking will have a combination of the following:
- Diploma or higher in forestry, ecology, or related discipline.
- At least 2 years of field and/or operational experience in areas such as forestry, silviculture, earth science, soils and /or plant identification.
- A professional designation in forestry or related field is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively teach at the post-secondary level in both a classroom and field settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, being flexible and adaptable to meet the needs and challenges of our dynamic and ever-developing programs.
Term: January 2 – April 27 2019
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Steve_finn@bcit.ca