The Soil Health Institute (SHI), a non-profit organization created to safeguard and enhance the vitality and productivity of soil through scientific research and advancement, is seeking a Project Manager for an initial 1-year appointment, with the possibility of extension. The individual selected will be responsible for managing a project whose goal is to provide quantitative evaluation of the economics of soil health systems in both experimental and on-farm settings. Accordingly, the incumbent will work closely and effectively with SHI’s Agricultural Economist and many partners in selecting, scheduling, and interviewing farmers about their agricultural production and farm management practices; will personally perform those interviews and collect/compile the associated production methods and data, as needed; will assist with writing reports; and will work closely and effectively with communications teams across SHI and our partnering organizations for implementing a communications plan that includes participating in social media and producing videos, fact sheets, webinars, newsletters, and others.
Residence at SHI headquarters in Morrisville, North Carolina is preferred, but other locations may be considered. Salary is projected to range from $75,000 to $100,000 per year, commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with attractive benefits. Frequent travel, primarily to Midwestern farming communities, will be required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Agronomy, Soil Science, Crop Science, or an associated area. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Demonstration of excellent verbal and written communication skills involving agricultural production is required.
- Background in or experience with field crop production and associated farming considerations is required.
- Experience in project leadership and management is highly preferred.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Email a resume/C.V., college transcripts, application letter addressing the above responsibilities and qualifications, and the contact information of 3 references to email@example.com. Please indicate “Project Manager Position” in the subject line.
More information here