Take the next step in your agricultural management career
Salary $65,367.78 – $81,773.78 annually
The Sector Development Branch identifies and promotes agriculture and food production/processing systems that are sustainable and enhance the economic benefits to the province. The Branch leads the Ministry’s agriculture business and industry development including initiatives with First Nations, new entrants, organics and food processing. It maintains operations in all agriculture regions of the province to deliver Ministry programs and services through a network of regional agrologists and industry specialists.
This position is a part of the Regional Development Services within the Sector Development Branch. Regional Development Services is comprised of Professional Agrologists that are the front-line contacts for the ministry. Programs and initiatives are informed by strong industry and Agrologist expertise and local knowledge, providing broad-based local insight and intelligence critical to the success of the Ministry in meeting current and future objectives.
Working with industry, local governments and communities, Regional Agrologists leverage regional attributes and encourage economic growth and stability in conjunction with social and environmental health through innovation, adaptation and local market development. Through long term relationships in the local community, strategic extension, and with a client service focus, the Regional Agrologist provides effective implementation of ministry programs and initiatives.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Agriculture or a related science, AND
- With a Bachelor’s degree, must have five years professional experience; OR
- With a Master’s Degree, must have three years professional experience.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Agriculture or a related science, specializing in business, livestock, plant or soils management.
- Registered as a Professional Agrologist, or immediately eligible* for registration as a Professional Agrologist, with the British Columbia Institute of Agrologists.
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience related to agriculture in the fields of natural resource management, farm business management, animal, soils or crop practices.
To learn more about this opportunity and apply online by July 9, 2019, please visit: