The Agriculture Development Branch, Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Ontario, is seeking two Soil Fertility Specialists, one permanent position in the area of Horticulture and one temporary position in the area of Field Crops, to coordinate projects designed to assess the applicability of new or existing practices, products, technology, research, programs and policies to Ontario conditions while ensuring a competitive and environmentally responsible agri-food sector.
In this role, you will:
- Identify concerns, issues, trends and new and emerging developments as it relates to the impact of provincial programs and policies, information services, education and training needs
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the delivery and implementation of information and education/training services
- Provide expertise to senior management related to soil fertility in the horticultural and field crop sectors
- Liaise with Ministry staff, consultants and the agricultural and rural community through developing policies and programs
- Develop seminars and courses, electronic and print information packages as well as design demonstrations of new, emerging and innovative techniques and products
- Facilitate delivery of program information services, education and training
- Represent Provincial or Ministry interests on multidisciplinary working groups
- Conduct field sampling and related reporting activities during emergency response and participate in regular emergency preparedness exercises and training
Please note the following:
- 1 permanent position located at 50 Stone Road, Guelph – Horticulture focus
- 1 temporary position located at 120 Main Street E, Ridgetown OR 63 Lorne Ave E, Stratford – Field Crop focus
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, December 5, 2019, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 140610 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
For more information about the positions click here.