- Are you interested in soil carbon research?
- Apply your skills to a dynamic role with world class analytical facilities!
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation.
CSIRO’s Agriculture and Food is seeking to appoint a senior research scientist to lead the soil carbon research portfolio.
In this position you will deliver innovative research solutions to national and global challenges. You will support sustainable land management and national carbon accounting systems by advancing our understanding of soil carbon and its dynamics in terrestrial ecosystems.
- Lead innovative research and incorporate novel approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research.
- Engage with industry to drive new business and research funding by anticipating industry and/or community needs and market direction through client liaison/networking and identify and adapt quickly to changes.
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed research team, and business unit to carry out tasks in support of CSIRO’s scientific objectives.
- Produce high quality scientific papers suitable for publication in quality journals and for presentation at national and international conferences.