The Canadian Society of Soil Science is seeking a Social Media Manager. Submit applications by July 10, 2020.
The Canadian Society of Soil Science (CSSS) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization for scientists, engineers, technologists, administrators and students involved in professional soil science. Its goal is to nurture the discipline of soil science in Canada and ensure its relevance in the future. CSSS is seeking a contractor with science communication training and expertise, and ideally some background in natural or physical sciences, to complete the roles of social media and blog manager. The contract is annual but preference is for those who can make at least a 2-year commitment. Payment is quarterly at a fixed rate.
Time Commitment: 30 hours per month
Purpose: The Social Media Manager will coordinate the implementation of the CSSS Social Media Strategy and the CSSS Blog Strategy. You will set key performance indicators and curate campaign ideas to best engage key audiences, as outlined in the CSSS Communications Plan. You will contribute to content creation and the evaluation and reporting on the key performance indicators.
During a regular week, you will promote the CSSS and soil science by creating content, scheduling, posting, and tracking social media posts 4-7 days a week on our platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and WordPress blog.
You will sit on the CSSS Communications Committee and report on marketing metrics and contribute to the development of big picture goals. You will collaborate with diverse members of the CSSS to develop and edit blog posts. Formal reporting will be to the Chair of the Communications Committee.
Social Media Responsibilities:
• Create monthly content calendars
• Execute the results-driven CSSS Social Media Strategy
• Ensure that communication reaches a wide range of stakeholders and key audiences outlined in the CSSS Communications Plan
• Review analytics and create reports on key performance indicators
• Take part in teleconference meetings with CSSS Communications Committee members where you will report on metrics and key campaigns
• Grow social media base of followers by following best practices in social media
• Oversee creation of annual blog calendars in collaboration with the CSSS Communications Committee
• Write various types of articles, blogs, and other online resources
• Edit articles, blogs, and other online resources produced by CSSS members
• Research and ensure coverage of representative industry topics
• Conduct analytical projects to improve blog strategies and tactics
• Optimize content for search engines (SEO) and lead generation
• Grow blog subscribers and expand the overall blog’s reach
Interested parties are encouraged to contact Nancy Zubriski in the CSSS Business Office at email@example.com as soon as possible. Applications should include a CV and a maximum one page statement of qualifications for this role, by July 10.