The Soil Health Institute (SHI), a non-profit organization created to safeguard and enhance the vitality
and productivity of soil, is seeking a Soil Health Educator located in Canada. The successful candidate
will co-lead development and implementation of educational programs for farmers and agronomists to
enhance adoption of regenerative soil health systems that will include virtual trainings and in-person
workshops and field days. The candidate will work closely with Soil Health Institute staff, partners, and
farmers across Canada.
– Ph.D. or M.S./B.S. with experience is preferred. Relevant degrees include agronomy, soil science,
soil conservation or related disciplines.
– Demonstrated effective communication and relationship skills with farmers and collaborators.
– Experience with a range of crops, soils, and climates. (Experience with potato production
– Experience providing educational programs for farmers in adopting conservation practices.
– Experience listening to the challenges and needs of growers and developing educational
programs that reflect those challenges and needs.
– Experience with organizing and leading on-farm field days.
– Experience in planning and conducting virtual trainings on soil health related topics.
– Experience serving as a mentor to farmers and agronomists.
– Organizational skills.
– A working knowledge of soil health management systems and their associated conservation
– A working knowledge of evaluating soil health in the field and making recommendations for
improving soil health.
– A working knowledge of the soil health principles as they apply to production systems across
Contract and Compensation:
– This position is initially anticipated as a one-year contract starting at approximately 115,000 CAD
(90,000 USD), with likelihood of renewal.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume/C.V. highlighting your qualifications, a copy of your college
transcripts (unofficial copy is okay), and the contact information of 3 references to: Dr. Wayne
Honeycutt, CEO, Soil Health Institute, email@example.com. In the subject line of the
email please write “Soil Health Educator Application”. The position will remain open until filled;
however, the first review of applications will begin December 13, 2021, so all interested candidates are
strongly encouraged to apply by that date.