Little Mountain Neighbourhood House (LMNH) is recruiting volunteers for our Food Hub! The LMNH’s Food Hub is working to create a local, decolonized, community-led food system. Our Food Hub focuses on two priorities; growing food and feeding our community.
We are currently recruiting volunteers for one of the Food Hub’s food security programs, The Yard Garden Harvest Project.
The Mission: The program aims to deepen connections within the community of Little Mountain Neighbourhood by engaging with members through access to their land or labour while growing food and distributing it to those who face financial barriers. As a part of growing this healthy produce, the program provides community members with a chance to create meaningful connections, contribute to the wellbeing of our community through volunteering and learn and practice sustainable farming.
We Offer Volunteers:
- Short garden shifts that include tasks such as planting, harvesting and watering produce. Garden shifts are around 2 – 4 hours long and are a great way to meet and connect with new people!
- Long-term leadership roles that can be hands-on in the garden or remote. Leadership roles are a great way to gain meaningful work experience that will challenge you as well as give you key skills that can be applied to leadership positions in the future.
- Opportunities to become a mentor or mentee for those involved in leadership roles
- Volunteer and community events that will include games, prizes and updates about the impact of the project
- Reference letters for engaged and committed volunteers
- A certificate for volunteer hours committed
How to Get Involved:
- Apply directly by completing our volunteer application form
- See more information: YGHP Volunteer Handbook 2022
- For more information and questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org