Annually, the PRSSS accepts nominations and applications for the Warkentin Prize. The Warkentin Prize of $500 will be awarded to a graduate student, or someone who has graduated from a graduate program within the last two years, that has published a graduate thesis or peer-reviewed article in the field of soil science. The recipient will be acknowledged in our newsletter and on our website. This prize is open to soil scientists worldwide.
- For more information about the award and Benno Warkentin click here
The deadline to apply/nominate is May 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm PST
To apply / nominate:
- You must be a current member of the PRSSS. To become a PRSSS member please see the membership section of our website. If you attended the PRSSS AGM and Spring Workshop for the year you are applying, your membership was included with the event fee.
- Check the award eligibility and application guidelines here.
- Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline:
- Student’s name, institution attended, and most recent degree
- A copy or link to the publication (peer-reviewed article or thesis accepted)
- A statement explaining how the publication has contributed to the field of soil science
- A brief statement outlining the significance of the research to the public
- A maximum of two letters of support – emailed directly from the referee(s) to email@example.com