Project Title: Intercropping pea with canola or oat: impact on nitrogen, disease and economics
Drs. Diane Knight (University of Saskatchewan) and Kui Liu (AAFC-Swift Current) are seeking 1 MSc student. The student will be responsible for evaluating biological nitrogen fixation, nitrogen transfer and nitrogen recovery in the legume/cereal intercrops. The student will take classes at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, SK. Research activities will occur primarily from the Swift Current Research and Development Centre, AAFC in Swift Current, SK.
Timeline: A start date of January 4, 2022 with expected completion by March 2024.
Position Requirements: All individuals applying should have:
- BSc in Soil Science, Crop Science or a related field from a recognized university with a minimum GPA of 70%
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work with others in a team environment
- Willingness to engage in problem solving, data analysis and thesis development
- Ability to work in the field for extended periods
Annual stipend: starting $21,500 with annual increase based on satisfactory performance
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send a copy of transcripts, CV, and statement of research experience and interests (1 page limit) with the names of three references to: Dr. Diane Knight (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Kui Liu (Kui.Liu@AGR.GC.CA). The successful candidate will be directed to apply to the University of Saskatchewan Master’s program.