Integral Ecology Group is looking for a qualified candidate to serve as the full-time soil scientist and data analyst for their upcoming projects. Compensation will be commensurae with experience and education.
The position primarily entails soil-focused ecological assessments of reclaimed and
natural areas. Though significant learning can happen on the job, the applicant is
expected to arrive with fluency in R and have the ability to independently work on data
analysis tasks pertaining to soil-water modelling. Experience in functional
programming in R (e.g., writing and debugging functions and packages) is a valuable
asset, as is experience conducting soil surveys.
An example of the type of work successful candidates would be involved in can be
found at https://trevor-baker.github.io/QEA/QEA_TRCR_final.pdf and the related app
• Completion of a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Soil Science, Hydrology, Data Science or related
POSITIONTITLE: Data Analyst / Soil Scientist
POSITIONTYPE: Full time
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience and education
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
• Excellent R-programming skills, preferably with experience writing and debugging
functions and packages
• Knowledge and interest in soil science
• Familiarity with Python is an asset
• Proficiency with technical writing and clear presentation of data;
• The technical ability to integrate, interpret, and analyze multiple datasets;
• The ability to write concise summaries of data and integrate with broader
reclamation survey results;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Proficiency in Excel;
• Sound data management skills; and
• The ability to travel and carry out physically demanding field research in semiremote, challenging terrain.
The successful candidate will also:
• Be hardworking, fun, flexible, organized, and a self-starter with a positive attitude;
• Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision and as a team player;
• Be willing and able to balance multiple project requirements while achieving high
levels of technical excellence; and
• Have career goals that align with IEG’s work and have enthusiasm for personal and
Please attach a curriculum vitae, names and contact information for three professional
references, and a cover letter detailing qualifications and research interests to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that the job title, “Data Analyst / Soil Scientist”,
is noted in the subject line of the email. Please do not contact us by phone.
Applications will be reviewed as received with a start date as soon as possible. This job
posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
As a company that continues to serve and support Indigenous communities across
Canada, we encourage applications from First Nation, Métis and Inuit candidates and
all others who are interested in the position. Applications will be reviewed as received.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only individuals selected for an
interview will be contacted.