Two new student research awards will be given based on the merits of:
• Academic achievement
• Research proposal
• Leadership and community service
• Financial need
• Communication skills and Letters of recommendation
The Les Lavkulich Graduate Student Award in Soil Science. One award of $5000. For more information click here.
The Art Bomke Undergraduate Student Award in Soil Science. One award of $3000. For more information click here.
To apply: Please read the above guidelines for the applicable award and submit your application to email@example.com
Applications for 2019 Awards will open in August 2019
- Carson Li - MSc student at the University of British Columbia
- Patricia Hanuszak - Undergraduate student at the University of British Columbia
Annually, we provide students with the opportunity to showcase their ideas and projects related to soil science at our Spring Workshop and AGM.
To present a poster at our upcoming Spring Workshop and AGM please register here.
1st Prize: Nicolette Lax (UBC) - Effect of low tunnels and plant biomass and fruit yield of summer squash
2nd Prize: Marieta Marin Bruzos (UBC) - Potential of cherry rhizosphere Actinomycetes as biocontrol agents against plant-parasitic nematodes
3rd Prize: Doug Terpsma (TRU) - The “Topographic Signature”: Using Fine-Scale Soil Variability and Topography for Predicting Available Soil Water in Hot, Dry Douglas-fir Ecosystems
Annually, the PRSSS accepts nominations and applications for the Warkentin Prize. The Warkentin Prize of $500 will be awarded to a student, or someone who has graduated within the last two years, that has published a peer-reviewed article in the field of soil science.
- For more information about the award click here
- For more information on Benno Warkentin click here
- For more information on the application guidelines click here
- Gabriel Maltais-Landry
- Jacynthe Masse
- Katelyn Congreves