Click on the links below for more details.
Upcoming Spring Workshop
Soil health has become a hot topic in recent years, as the negative effects of intensive agriculture and poor land use have lead to declining soil fertility. The theme for our 2023 AGM is “New Horizons: The Future of Soil Health. Register to attend here. The meeting will be virtual this year, on Zoom.
DATE: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 9am-3pm
Registration cost is $15 for students and $50 for non-students/ professionals*. The price includes registration and a PRSSS annual membership for 2023/2024. The 2023/2024 membership registration cycle lasts from April 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024.
*If you are unable to pay the registration fee the PRSSS can subsidize the cost, because Soil Science is for everyone and cost should not be a barrier to education. If you identify as Indigenous, we will waive the registration fee to reflect the fact that the soils we study are on stolen land, therefore all soil science research should be openly available to Indigenous peoples. If either of these scenarios are relevant to you and you are comfortable doing so, please email the PRSSS at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Registration closes Friday March 3rd, 2023 at midnight.
The Schedule for the 2023 Spring Workshop
Past Spring Workshops
- 2022 Spring AGM and Workshop – Soil Security: past, present, future on March 27, 2022 3:50 pm
- 2021 Spring Workshop and AGM – Diversity in Soils: Environmental, Social, and Economic Effects on March 6, 2021 8:30 am
- 2020 Spring Workshop in Collaboration with the Fraser Valley Branch of the BCIA: Soils in the Field on March 7, 2020 9:00 am
- 2019 Spring Workshop and AGM – Frontiers in Soil Science on March 30, 2019
- 2018 Spring Workshop and AGM: The Role of Soil in Climate Change Adaptation on March 24, 2018 9:00 am
- 2017 Spring Workshop and AGM – Soil Water Dynamics in Urban, Agriculture and Wetland Ecosystems on March 25, 2017 9:00 am
- 2016 Spring Workshop and AGM (Joint Meeting with CSSS in Kamloops, BC): Soil – Our Silent Ally for Food Security and Sustainable Development on May 14, 2016 - May 19, 2016
- 2015 Spring Workshop and AGM – Broadening Horizons on March 28, 2015 9:00 am
- 2014 Spring Workshop and AGM – The Living Science of Soil on March 29, 2014
- 2013 Spring Workshop and AGM – Soil and Technology on March 16, 2013
- 2012 Spring Workshop and AGM: Soil and the Waste Stream on March 24, 2012
- 2011 Spring Workshop and AGM – Soils and Climate Change on March 26, 2011
- 2010 Spring Workshop and AGM – Soil Resilience on March 20, 2010
- 2009 Spring Workshop and AGM – Urban Agriculture: Soil and the City on March 7, 2009
- 2008 Spring Workshop and AGM – Moving From the Lab Bench to a Standard: Understanding data under the environmental microscope on March 15, 2008
- 2007 Spring Workshop and AGM – Understanding Laboratory Analysis on March 17, 2007
- 2006 Spring Workshop and AGM – Conserving Soil and Water Resources in BC on March 11, 2006
- 2005 Spring Workshop and AGM – Fields of Convergence: the diversity of contemporary soil science on March 19, 2005
- 2004 Spring Workshop and AGM – Advances in Soil Science and Current Issues in BC on March 20, 2004